Sunday, May 15, 2011

Graduation: Utah State University 2011

Joey and I are officially graduates from Utah State University. I have been done since Dec. but they only do a Spring Commencement and Graduation so Joey and I were able to graduate together. He finished up his semester with all A's which I am very proud of him. He had a busy and stressful semester full of projects and case studies. I didn't really see the point in walking, but I told Joey that if we could find me a cap and gown I would walk. We both had friends with a cap and gown that they let us borrow so we did it. At commencement Joey and I sat across from each other so we were able to sit and make faces at one another. After commencement we waited for my parent's to bring us food (Thank You so much I don't think I would have made it without food). The School of Business was walking at 12 and the Education College was walking at 2. We were planning on having a long day. Well, Joey went to go get his name and find out where he needed to line up when we heard that I could walk with him. We weren't sure if this meant that I could just walk up with him or meant I could walk then and receive my diploma cover. We found out that it meant I would receive my diploma cover so that I did not have to walk during the Education College Ceremony. This actually worked out quite nicely because we were able to sit together during the ceremony, I know the Dean and most of the Professors in the School of Business where I would have only known one of the Professors in the Education Ceremony. It was definitely a wonderful experience to be able to walk together!

Joey is the first sibling in his family to graduate from college so this was a pretty big deal for him. Congratulations Joey, I love you!


We should have gotten rid of the 2nd 'E' in 'MEET' :)

Do you like Joey's green shoes?

Celebrate good times!

Whoopty wooo!
Us sitting in the Spectrum about to walk.
Thank you to my mom and dad for taking our pictures! Also thank you to Joey's parents for coming up and sharing the day with us! 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to both of you. And, cool photos. I was regretting the other day that I don't have more graduation-day photos. You'll be glad you have them.

    Hope to see you sometime this summer if you every get a free moment from your Bear Lake duties.

    ReplyDelete