Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Huntsman Scholar, Travel to Europe and Ghana

It is nice to have things to look forward to that I (Joey) am really excited about. It just makes life exciting.

First an update on our last post about going to Uganda. Well, I are not going to Uganda. However, WE are going to Ghana. I had an orientation meeting yesterday about the SEED program, and they switch us, because instead of having a single guy being stuck with a married couple in Ghana, and the same in Uganda, they put the single guys together in Uganda, and the married couples together in Ghana. And we are 92% sure that Emily is going to go too. Part of the reason is the next big news.

I interviewed for a Huntsman Scholar position back in February. It is kind of the best scholarship in the School of Business. Initially I was told that I didn't get accepted, but then I got an email saying there was another spot open and they wanted to do another interview. So I did that and they said they'd let us know in a few days...well it took them like 3 weeks, and stuff like that makes me anxious. It was nerve racking because it changes when I will graduate, so the whole next year was up in the air. Anywho, to make a long story short I got an email today that said:

Dear Joey,

Congratulations! We are pleased to offer you a position within the Fall 2010 Scholar Class of the Huntsman Scholar Program. Sorry to make you wait for a response for so long!

As a Scholar, you will participate in the fall Semester program which includes an intensive study and travel experience in Europe.

We look forward to receiving your confirmation and welcome you into the program.

Regards,

Stacey Hills & Shannon Peterson

Co-Directors, Huntsman Scholars Program


The intensive semester it mentioned is REALLY intensive I hear. So Em and I probably won't get to see each other as much as we'd like in the fall, so that helped us decide that Em should definitely come to Africa.

In other exciting news, Em and I went to an Extreme Sports Movie night last night and she won a skateboard deck. Go team!


No comments:

Post a Comment